Presenter Technical Guidelines
Symposiums are 60 minutes. Following an introduction by the session moderator, speakers can present (live or pre-recorded presentations are played) for a maximum of 40 minutes. During the remaining 20 minutes, speakers take part in a live discussion and moderated Q&A.
Questions are submitted via a chat function and the moderator will select and read participant questions and prompt the appropriate panelist to answer. Moderators will need to connect to two platforms: Zoom interface to present and Slido to view participant questions. Slido instructions will be sent in an email in advance of the conference.
Live sessions are recorded and available online for one year after the conference. When creating presentation material, speakers must ensure content is free from sensitive or confidential information.
If you plan to use live polling, questions must be submitted by noon EDT Wednesday 1 December to be programmed into Slido.
The session will be run by an audio visual technician. Speakers will complete a session agenda that outlines the order of the presentations.
Symposium Presentation Options
Option1: Live Presentations
- Speakers can screen share or upload a PowerPoint or Keynote file in advance.
- During the session, speakers will be given access to a virtual cue to advance slides during the presentation.
Option 2: Pre-recorded Presentations
- Each speaker can prepare and upload a unique presentation or, it can be multiple presentations per session.
- Review the comprehensive recording instructions to pre-record your presentation.
- Presenters can use Zoom to record their audio and video synced to your presentation
- PowerPoint or Keynote can be used to record audio only.
- Presentations must be saved as an MP4 file.
- Use as quiet area and ensure your microphone is close your mouth. Avoid using the built-in microphone on your computer.
- Do a test recording and review the final presentation for sound and picture quality.
All pre-recorded presentations and files must be submitted by noon EDT Wednesday 1 December.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-725-3769, extension 126.