Public Health 2016
TORONTO, ON – June 1, 2016 – Public Health 2016 is the meeting place for the public health community to connect, collaborate, innovate, inspire, share and learn. It is a gathering of leaders and change agents from public, private and voluntary organizations that contribute to health and wellness. It is the largest annual public health gathering in Canada and a key knowledge exchange event.
|What?||Public Health 2016: The Canadian Public Health Association’s annual conference|
|When?||Monday 13 June at 13:30 to Thursday 16 June at 14:30 EDT|
|Where?||Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (123 Queen St. W.)|
- Monday 13 June at 13:30: Public Health and Technology with David Buckeridge, McGill University
- Tuesday 14 June at 08:00: Public Health and the Prevention of Violence with Alessandra Guedes, PAHO; Etienne Krug, WHO; and Sylvia Maracle, Ontario Federation of the Indigenous Friendship Centres
- Wednesday 15 June at 08:00: Health Equity, Social Justice and the Racialization of Canadian Society with Desmond Cole, Freelance Journalist; Charlotte Loppie, University of Victoria; David McKeown, Toronto Public Health; and Ingrid Waldron, Dalhousie University
- Thursday 16 June at 12:30: Harm Reduction, Risk Perception and Alcohol with Gregory Taylor, Public Health Agency of Canada
Plus over 200 oral and poster presentations, workshops and symposiums!
CPHA is pleased to host Public Health 2016 through a unique and effective collaboration with the:
- Assembly of First Nations
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI);
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR);
- National Collaborating Centres for Public Health (NCCPH);
- Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA);
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO); and
- Public Health Physicians of Canada (PHPC).