Become a Member
The Canadian Public Health Association speaks on behalf of Canada's public health community on issues of critical importance to the health and well-being of Canadians and people around the world. Members give the Association unparalleled credibility, direction and authority, as well as expertise and human resources, both nationally and internationally. In return, the Association provides members with an opportunity to advocate for evidence-informed policy alternatives.
Members include public health professionals working in policy, practice and research as well as students/trainees and other individuals committed to supporting public health and health equity.
Are you ready to join us?
Categories of Membership
Membership is open to any individual who subscribes to our vision and mission and is engaged or interested in public health and health equity. There are no organizational memberships. These are the membership categories:
- Student (for full time, post-secondary students)
- Career in Transition (for people early in their career, newly-arrived in Canada, under- or unemployed, or otherwise living on a reduced income)
- International (for non-residents of Canada)
Direct membership applies to an individual who chooses to be a member of the Canadian Public Health Association.
Conjoint membership applies to an individual who chooses to be a member of the Canadian Public Health Associations and of one of the following associations.
- Alberta Public Health Association
- Public Health Association of British Columbia
- Manitoba Public Health Association
- Public Health Association of New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland & Labrador Public Health Association
- Northwest Territories and Nunavut Public Health Association
- Public Health Association of Nova Scotia
- Ontario Public Health Association
- Saskatchewan Public Health Association
To receive the application form in a different format, including PDF, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the Association pour la santé publique du Québec implemented new software to manage its membership, we are no longer able to offer conjoint membership in the Province of Quebec. You can still join both associations separately and the Canadian Public Health Association provides a reduced fee to encourage joint membership. At renewal time, you will need to renew with each association separately.
|Career in Transition||$100||$100|
Conjoint with provincial/territorial organization fees
Prince Edward Island
|Newfoundland & Labrador||$230||$98||$105||$105|
Membership application fees guarantee your Canadian Public Health Association membership and all associated benefits for a period of one year from the date your application is processed. Annual membership fees are not pro-rated on any basis, for any period. Annual membership fees are not transferable and are non-refundable.
To avoid a lapse in membership and ensure uninterrupted access to all benefits, membership renewal is required at the time of your individual renewal date.
Our members' personal information remains confidential and is not shared with other organizations.