Tobacco and Vaping Control Forum
SAVE THE DATE!
The 2020 Tobacco and Vaping Control Forum will be held 6-7 October 2020 in Ottawa, Ontario. The Forum is a key knowledge exchange event for public health and allied health professionals, researchers, policy-makers, academics, students and trainees committed to sharing best practices and policies to prevent, reduce, and control tobacco use and vaping.
A call for submissions (oral, poster, workshop and symposium) will be launched in April 2020.
The Scientific Program will be developed by the Forum Steering Committee based, in part, on the submissions received through the open call. Session types will include:
Plenary sessions composed of a keynote speaker or panel of distinguished speakers which are planned by the Steering Committee;
- Workshops and symposia that provide delegates with concrete skills and knowledge on various topics chosen by the Steering Committee based on the open call for submissions and the results of the peer review process; and
- Oral and poster presentations, selected based on the results of the open call and peer review process.
The 2020 Tobacco and Vaping Control Forum will provide participants the opportunity to:
- Profile new research, successful strategies and best practices in tobacco and vaping control.
- Connect stakeholders to shape the future of Canada’s tobacco and vaping control research, policies and programs.
- Examine current tobacco and vaping control-related issues from various disciplines and sectors and discuss relevant knowledge translation approaches.
- Explore strategies to address emerging issues and potential impacts on decision-making, research, policy and practice.
Having attended the 2020 Tobacco and Vaping Control Forum, delegates will be better prepared to:
- Utilize effective evidence-based programs and best clinical practices as well as policy approaches.
- Describe tobacco and vaping control-related research and identify colleagues and partners to develop initiatives.
- Identify tobacco and vaping control-related challenges and solutions, trends, emerging issues and evidence gaps.
Subject to change.
Tuesday 6 October
8:30 - 10:00 Opening Plenary 10:00 - 10:30 Refreshment Break 10:30 - 12:00 Concurrent Sessions 1 12:00 - 13:00 Networking Lunch 13:00 - 14:30 Concurrent Sessions 2 14:30 - 15:00 Refreshment Break 15:00 - 16:30 Plenary II
Wednesday 7 October
8:30 - 10:00 Plenary III 10:00 - 10:30 Refreshment Break 10:30 - 12:00 Concurrent Sessions 3 12:00 - 13:00 Networking Lunch 13:00 - 14:30 Concurrent Session 4 14:30 - 15:00 Refreshment Break 15:00 - 16:30 Closing Plenary
Registration will open July 2020.
The 2020 Tobacco and Vaping Control Forum will provide a dynamic environment to share the latest research and information, promote policies and develop best practices to reduce tobacco use across the country.Industry Involvement
In the past 5 years, have you been employed by or received research support or other funding from, or had any professional relationship with, an entity directly involved in the production, manufacture, distribution or sale of tobacco, tobacco products, or vaping products, or represented the interests of any such entity?
If yes, you will be contacted by the Conference Secretariat to confirm if your registration will be accepted. CPHA reserves the right to refuse entry to this event to any individual who has ties to the tobacco or vaping industry. Failure to disclose any such relationship will result in your removal from the event and you will forfeit your registration fee.
Participant $500 Student $350
Participant $275 Student $200
Proof of full-time student status required.
For online registration, a Visa or MasterCard is required to complete the transaction. To request an invoice payable by cheque or credit card, contact email@example.com.
Substitution and Cancellation Policy
If you’re unable to attend the forum you may designate someone to attend in your place. Requests must be made by the person registered and received by e-mail on or before 1 October 2020. No substitutions will be granted thereafter.
Requests for cancellations received by e-mail on or before Wednesday 29 August 2020 will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Requests after 29 August will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No cancellations will be granted after 29 September 2020.
A room block has been reserved for Tobacco and Vaping Control Forum delegates at the Brookstreet Hotel. To make your hotel reservation, contact the hotel directly and refer to the Group Code. Rates are guaranteed until 10 September 2020.
Booking your hotel within our room blocks is an important way to support the Association as we can incur significant costs for rooms that remain unsold. Staying “within the block” is also more convenient and helps you stay connected with the informal activities and networking opportunities that occur at the hotels during the conference.
525 Legget Drive
Ottawa, ON K2K 2W2
Group Name: Tobacco Forum
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-725-3769, extension 126.
Ian Culbert, Canadian Public Health Association (Chair)
Mohammed Al-Hamdani, Canadian Lung Association, Nova Scotia
John Atkinson, Canadian Cancer Society
Michel Blanchard, Health Canada, Tobacco Control Directorate
Kevin Coady, Newfoundland and Labrador Alliance for Control of Tobacco
Flory Doucas, Coalition québécoise pour le contrôle du tabac
Les Hagen, Action on Smoking & Health
David Hammond, University of Waterloo
Lesley James, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada