Call for COVID-19 Submissions
Submit your proposal by 23:59 EDT on Monday 31 August.
The Steering Committee for Public Health 2020 invites late-breaking submissions on the COVID-19 pandemic to be presented in the virtual program from October 14-16! Submissions should address topics directly related to the public health response to COVID-19. Topics of particular interest include:
- Data collection and race-based data collection;
- Impact on health inequities;
- Public health communications; and
- Impact on public health workforce.
Abstract submissions will be accepted for oral and poster presentations (gallery presentations) as well as 50-minute symposium sessions that promote knowledge exchange with conference participants through a virtual learning experience.
Virtual Oral - Poster Presentations
Accepted oral and poster presentations will be featured in the Presentation Gallery. Participants are encouraged to view the pre-recorded presentations and interact directly with presenting authors by email. The gallery will be available to all registered participants for one year post-conference.
To be included in the Presentation Gallery, presenters have the option to:
- Submit a 10-minute pre-recorded video or narrated PowerPoint, with an optional PDF document; or
- Submit a PDF only – e.g. a Poster presentation
- There is no set presentation time during the conference. Presenters are encouraged to include contact information to foster interaction and collaboration with conference participants.
Accepted symposiums are 50 minutes in length and speakers offer a co-ordinated exchange on a common topic during the live session with a facilitated Q&A with participants.
- The number of speakers should be limited to three (3) plus a moderator.
- After an introduction, the total presentation time for all speakers should not exceed 30 minutes, leaving 20 minutes for participant engagement.
- All presenters will be offered a training session for the virtual platform in advance of the conference.
- In advance of the conference, presenters will be required to submit:
- A 2- to 3-minute pre-recorded promotional video presentation (optional); and
- A 30-minute (maximum) pre-recorded video presentation that will be played in real-time during the virtual conference.
- During the conference, sessions will be scheduled to present at a specific date and time as a live virtual session to engage with participants.
- All presenters are required to register for the virtual conference. Discounted presenter rates are available.
- After the conference, recorded live presentations will be available on demand to registered participants for one year.
- The deadline for submissions: is Monday 31 August 23:59 EDT.
- Keep a copy of your submission for your records.
- To facilitate peer review, submissions must be uploaded using the online portal.
- All submission must use the appropriate Word template, any other file type will not be accepted.
- A maximum of two abstracts can be submitted as Presenting Author.
- The presenting author certifies that all co-authors agree to the submission.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words excluding title and section headings.
Submissions that do not adhere to these criteria will not be accepted for peer review.
- Final acceptance will be determined by the Scientific Committee.
- Submitters will be notified of the result on or before Thursday 10 September.
- Upon acceptance, all speakers must complete the disclosure form.
- Pre-recorded video presentations and PDF’s will be available on demand to registered participants for one year.
- Presenters are encouraged to register for the full conference ($250) and gain virtual access to over 30 sessions including plenary, symposium, workshop and abstract presentations.
- If presenters wish to participate in the dedicated presentation session only, they are each required to register at the presenter rate ($50). The presenter rate gives admission to the designated session only, and no access to other session materials (i.e. recordings, documents, participant contacts, etc.)