Pre-conference session application
Deadline for applications: Monday 11 December 2017
Host a Pre-conference Session at Public Health 2018!
Public Health 2018 is the national forum where public health professionals, researchers, policy-makers, academics, students and trainees come together to strengthen efforts to improve health and well-being, to share the latest research and information, to promote best practices and to advocate for public health issues and policies grounded in research.
Sessions can be hosted between 9:00 – 16:00 on Monday 28 May
Hosted in conjunction with Public Health 2018, pre-conference sessions are an opportunity for your organization to highlight a specific topic or initiative to conference delegates.
- Acceptance will be contingent on approval by the Public Health 2018 Steering Committee. Host organizations will be notified of the results by Wednesday 10 January 2018.
- Applications must be completed using the template provided and be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-conference sessions will be charged $650 to cover the cost of standard audiovisual and room rental. Standard audio visual equipment includes:
- Laptop, screen and projector
- Podium and two head-table microphones
- Speakers and laptop audio connection
Additional AV equipment or any food and beverage ordered will be the responsibility of the host organization.
- Upon acceptance, host organizations will be invoiced a non-refundable $250 deposit. The remaining balance of $400 and any additional fees will be invoiced following the conference.
- If the host organization wishes to charge a participant registration fee, we will collect the fees and deduct the amount collected from the final amount owing. We will retain 3% of the registration fee as cost recovery for credit card transaction fees. A registration fee cannot be added after the launch of registration in February 2018.
- The host organization assumes all costs for speaker expenses and honoraria.
- The session will be included in pre-registration materials, the conference programs and room signage. The session will be marketed in promotional materials and on the conference website.
- Due to privacy laws, we cannot provide the host with participant contact information but agrees to contact registered participants on behalf of the host organization a maximum of three (3) times. The final communication will be sent no later than Friday 29 June 2018.