Alternative 10 steps for staying healthy
- Don't be poor. If you can, stop. If you can't, try not to be poor for long.
- Don't have poor parents
- Own a car.
- Don't work in a stressful, low paid manual job.
- Don't live in damp, low quality housing.
- Be able to afford to go on a foreign holiday and sunbathe.
- Practice not losing your job and don't become unemployed.
- Take up all benefits you are entitled to, if you are unemployed, retired or sick or disabled.
- Don't live next to a busy major road or near a polluting factory.
- Learn how to fill in the complex housing benefit application forms before you become homeless and destitute.
Source: Raphael and Rieder, Community Action for Heart Health: Equity not Exercise