Public Health 2017 will provide:
- a dynamic setting to profile action-oriented best practices, successful strategies and new research from both domestic and global settings;
- an occasion to explore evidence-informed interventions focused on addressing key public health challenges;
- a supportive environment for sharing innovative ideas and approaches to public health practice, policy and research that encourage further collaborations across and within sectors;
- a forum that supports reflection and critical dialogue;
- an inclusive networking and knowledge exchange forum at the national level to identify, discuss current public health issues across a range of disciplines and sectors;
- an opportunity to interact with individuals from different sectors and systems from across Canada and around the world; and
- a venue for public health professionals at all stages of their career to collaborate, innovate and help shape the health and well-being of Canadians.
Public Health 2017 will provide delegates the opportunity to:
- articulate the current status of public health evidence, research, policy and practice;
- identify public health challenges and related solutions, trends, emerging issues and gaps;
- learn how to utilize effective evidence-based public health programs, practices, structures and systems; and
- identify strategies for knowledge translation and exchange.