- Discounted rates on car and home insurance through Economic Select™ (a division of The Economical Insurance™).
The membership is the strength and spirit of CPHA. Members give the Association unparalleled credibility, direction and authority, as well as expertise and human resources, both nationally and internationally. In return, the Association provides members with an opportunity to speak out on broader public health issues, outside discipline boundaries.
Membership in CPHA is voluntary. The composition of members encompasses professionals in public health practice, professors and researchers in universities and colleges, government workers and individuals interested in issues that affect community and public health.
Benefits of Membership
As part of your annual membership fee, you are eligible for a wide range of benefits. The value of the complimentary subscription to the Canadian Journal of Public Health and of the reduced registration fee for CPHA’s Annual Conference alone saves you a total of $242
The following is a complete list of benefits, privileges and special opportunities available only to members of CPHA:
- Complimentary subscription to Canadian Journal of Public Health, Canada’s only independent professional public health journal. Published bi-monthly, the CJPH contains in-depth scientific articles, editorials and commentaries on current health topics;
- Reduced registration fees for CPHA’s Annual Conference;
- The CPHA Health Digest, a quarterly membership newsletter covering health and social science issues and stories from across the country and around the world, special public health features, news of community health initiatives, new appointments of health professionals, and resources for public health workers.
- 10% discount on applicable products from the CPHA Publication Sales department.
- Easy on-line membership registration and access to the member portal, including access to member-only information.
- Participate in the CPHA Awards Program;
- Submit suggestions for policy positions on public health issues to CPHA for consideration, review and possible adoption and/or action;
- Support the Association in a number of ways that promote the development of public health policy in Canada;
- Attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting and vote in elections;
- Sit on the CPHA Board of Directors by election or appointment;
- Represent the Association on external committees or consultations; and
- Volunteer on internal committees such as the Policy Review Group, Awards Committee or special ad hoc committees established by the Board.
CPHA members’ personal information remains confidential and is not shared with other organizations.
Categories of Membership
Membership is open to any individual who subscribes to the objectives of the Association and is engaged or interested in community or public health activities. CPHA categories of membership are:
- Student, for full time, post-secondary students
- International, for non-residents of Canada
- Honorary Life
Direct membership applies to an individual who chooses to be a member of CPHA.
Conjoint membership applies to an individual who chooses to be a member of CPHA and of one of the following Associations/Branches.
- Alberta Public Health Association
- Public Health Association of British Columbia
- Manitoba Public Health Association
- New Brunswick/Prince Edward Island Branch, CPHA
- Newfoundland & Labrador Public Health Association
- Northwest Territories and Nunavut Public Health Association
- Public Health Association of Nova Scotia
- Ontario Public Health Association
- Saskatchewan Public Health Association
In the Autumn of 2015, the Association pour la santé publique du Québec implemented new software to manage its membership. As a result, we are no longer able to offer conjoint membership in the Province of Quebec.
CPHA direct fees
CPHA conjoint with provincial/territorial organization fees
Prince Edward Island
|Newfoundland & Labrador||$230||$98||$105|
Membership Period and Cancellation Policy
Membership application fees guarantee your CPHA membership and all associated benefits for a period of one year from the date your application is processed. Annual membership fees are not pro-rated on any basis, for any period. Annual membership fees are not transferable and are non-refundable.
To avoid a lapse in membership and ensure uninterrupted access to all benefits, membership renewal is required by your personal renewal date.